At Akkroo, we’re on a mission to help businesses think differently about exhibiting and the way they capture and process leads at B2B trade shows and events using our mobile and cloud-based applications.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging category that bridges the gap between exhibiting at events and an organisation’s existing Sales and Marketing processes. This is achieved through our market-leading, innovative Software-as-a-Service platform which we sell into B2B mid-market and enterprise organisations all over the world, like IBM, PayPal and Johnson & Johnson.
We are looking for a product-minded senior engineering leader, who is outcomes-orientated, holds people to account, and already knows how to build and develop a great team of engineers and deliver great software in a scaling software business. Someone who will add measurable value and management experience to a growing, startup team who are starting to mature their process and practice.
- Collaboratively transform our team into a modern, effective software production organisation
- Hire and shape production teams (engineering, outsourced devops, QA) to meet the new requirements of a growing SaaS business in our journey to £10m ARR (we expect you to advise on and hire more technical roles this year)
- Ensure delivery & maintenance of a reliable, scalable, secure modern tech stack
- Execute the Event Lead Capture & Management product vision of the founders
Success in the role will be based on the following business outcomes:
- Quality and robustness of the systems and process you build
- Delivery against business, hiring & roadmap objectives
- Performance of your teams
The role will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Plan and deliver key software and platform components towards our business vision (working closely with our CPO & CEO)
- Foster close collaboration between engineering and all other internal teams
- Build and communicate a clear strategy with your team/teams
- Consistently deliver software of the highest quality across all our platforms, whilst also managing technical debt appropriately
- Build autonomy and accountability into your team/teams
- Foster the personal development of the individuals you are responsible for
- Establishing and managing key technical research projects
Key characteristics we’re looking for
- Results orientated
As we build out our applications and technical infrastructure, we want to be able to deliver effectively against business goals, and report clearly on our ability to do this.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills with a code background
We’re a 40-odd person scale-up and therefore it is vital you understand your domain and be willing, when the situation requires it, to get hands-on
- A cross-functional, organised and process-driven approach
The role will require coordination and organisation with other functions in Akkroo, from Product and Engineering to Support and Sales, so the ability to work well with other teams is a must-have
Required Experience & Skills
- Notable experience contributing to a the journey of a scaling software business
3+ years experience in leading multiple software teams. We’re on the £2M to £10M leg of the ARR journey and are looking for someone that has experienced life in a fast-growth, high paced software scale-up, and can bring all their experience of what does and doesn’t work to help use deliver our application and supporting technical infrastructure effectively and robustly.
- Building out continuous integration/delivery or SaaS products
We have both cloud based and mobile applications in our products, so experience building and delivering in an agile environment is important. A disciplined and quality-minded approach.
- Formation and management of cross-functional production teams
Demonstrable experience in hiring, building and growing performant teams with an inclusive approach to management, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others
With excellent communication skills
What we’re offering
- We operate a Share Options scheme which you will be eligible to join upon successful completion of probation
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join us in a senior role as we continue to scale up the business
- You’ll have a highly skilled and knowledgeable team to work with from day one, as well as the chance to hire in new talent
- You’ll be able to work closely with the co-founders and other senior members of the team as we continue to shape and execute on our software strategy for the business
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our Instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact for our customers. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something. For more information, here is more information on our perks and our values-led approach to our work.
Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be provided, so full authorisation to work in UK without any restrictions is required.
How to Apply
Please click on the button below to complete the short application form.
We’re still small, and all our new team members are given the chance to own their own slice of the company through our share options scheme.
Work from our fantastic office in Brixton, London. We have a bright, open plan office with a small kitchen area - plus use of a larger shared kitchen in the building.
You choose how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days a year). If you need to take some more, you can.
We pay well to make sure you’re not worrying about making a living while working at Akkroo. We also are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow.
Socials & monthly lunches
We do quarterly socials together, as well as a monthly team lunch we all get together and go out for something to eat (and it costs you nothing).
Free fruit, coffee & breakfast
We keep a barista-style coffee machine in the office, provide as much tea as you can muster, and keep the kitchen well-stocked with free cereal, toast, milk and fruit.
Great work tools
We supply our team with the best hardware so they can focus on the tasks at hand. You’ll get your own Macbook Pro, plus any extras you’ll need to make your work life easier, such as extra screens, external keyboards, magic mouse… maybe even your own notebook and pen.
Everyone is given a Perkbox membership, which gives high street discounts on health and fitness, shopping, restaurants, travel, cinema, and other great out-of-office activities.
We provide all team members with a quarterly book-buying budget, as well as plenty of opportunities to attend relevant conferences, meet-ups and events that will help you continually get better at what you do.