Akkroo is a vibrant and fast paced technology scale-up, addressing the broken methods around collecting and processing leads from events. We are the forerunners of Event Lead Capture, offering a quality solution that connects events, sales and marketing for businesses across the UK, US and Europe.
We’re 5 years into our journey, having developed our platform and established global success. You would be joining a mature company which has roots and a foundation, but still huge scope for growth, creativity and innovation. There’s never been a better time to get involved!
Our customisable app and web-based software helps businesses collect lead data at trade shows and exhibitions.
Akkroo works on tablets, mobile and the web, online and offline. We strip away old, inefficient and non-accountable paper-based processes, replacing them with reliable, enjoyable, modern data capture software.
What we are looking for
If you’re at your best when building with technologies that span across the full web stack such as PHP, React, HTML, CSS (SASS/LESS) this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for a talented individual who will help us deliver a great experience for our customers, and would love to help us develop our best-in-class solution, a high-quality mobile & web-based product that is used by a growing list of incredible global businesses.
If you enjoy trying out new ideas and technologies in a startup environment, or would love to leave agency life behind to stretch yourself on new challenges, we’d be keen to hear from you.
What we’d love to see from you
- Great code skills and experience building PHP applications, with experience of MVC frameworks
- Strong HTML and SCSS/CSS development skills with an attention to detail and care around semantics and accessibility
- Interest building hybrid mobile apps and progressive web apps (using React or React Native)
- Experience working with Apache, linux servers and databases
- Experience of working in an Agile environment would be a plus
- A desire to contribute to building an incredible business as part of a small startup team
- A passion for self-improvement and personal growth
- We’d also love to see any native app work, including iOS or Android projects
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Build trust
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
We encourage collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
Why work here?
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £35,000 – £45,000 for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our Instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/ work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a high spec MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options. A barista style coffee machine stocked with locally roasted beans, and any tea you would like.
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
For more information on our perks and why we are a great place to work, click here . Or check out our Instagram.
How to apply
Send us your application using the link below, being careful to tell us specifically why working at Akkroo interests you, share examples of your work, and tell us about any relevant prior experience.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll ask you to undertake a highly-relevant code task. If you can provide a solution, we’ll invite you to meet up with us to step through your ideas before we make a final decision.
We’re still small, and all our new team members are given the chance to own their own slice of the company through our share options scheme.
Work from our fantastic office in Brixton, London. We have a bright, open plan office with a small kitchen area - plus use of a larger shared kitchen in the building.
You choose how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days a year). If you need to take some more, you can.
We pay well to make sure you’re not worrying about making a living while working at Akkroo. We also are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow.
Socials & monthly lunches
We do quarterly socials together, as well as a monthly team lunch we all get together and go out for something to eat (and it costs you nothing).
Free fruit, coffee & breakfast
We keep a barista-style coffee machine in the office, provide as much tea as you can muster, and keep the kitchen well-stocked with free cereal, toast, milk and fruit.
Great work tools
We supply our team with the best hardware so they can focus on the tasks at hand. You’ll get your own Macbook Pro, plus any extras you’ll need to make your work life easier, such as extra screens, external keyboards, magic mouse… maybe even your own notebook and pen.
Everyone is given a Perkbox membership, which gives high street discounts on health and fitness, shopping, restaurants, travel, cinema, and other great out-of-office activities.
We provide all team members with a quarterly book-buying budget, as well as plenty of opportunities to attend relevant conferences, meet-ups and events that will help you continually get better at what you do.