Hi, we’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging software category, Event Lead Capture, starting a movement to ensure businesses all over the world are meaningfully connecting their events, sales and marketing to ensure maximum ROI.
We’re now 5 years into our journey, an have recently secured a major round of funding and are growing globally. When better to get involved with a company?
About the role
Our product and business is developing quickly, and we are now ready to add another dedicated product owner/manager role to our team. You’ll work closely with our existing product design, product marketing and engineering teams to figure out how best to achieve our product goals and deliver them.
What you can expect to fill your days with:
- Co-ordinating product projects — scoping, researching, defining, identifying and engaging stakeholders, prototyping, testing, marketing, delivering, maintaining, revising and decommissioning — you will truly be intrinsic to the entire product lifecycle
- Managing the product backlog and working within our agile development workflow
- Identifying and removing roadblocks to help us realise product milestones, and setting timeframes for delivery
- Co-ordinating and communicating with key stakeholders
- Owning, updating and shape the current list of problems that face our customers
- Arranging and conducting customer research
- Improving our tracking and visibility of product metrics
- Contributing to the vision of the product, and helping us deliver the company wide product strategy
Who we’re looking for
If you’re the right individual, you are a generalist who loves to roll up your sleeves and really cares about the details. We need someone who is proactive, and is disciplined with their time. You also need to have very good technical nouse; having a working understanding of code would be a very beneficial attribute.
We’re looking for a friendly, smart, creative individual who loves the idea of making an impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people by ensuring we deliver great product experiences.
- Demonstrable experience of taking software products from inception to release
- Strong project management skills, ability to juggle several projects at once
- Knowing when to improvise, when to build process, and when to start conversations
- Good aesthetic taste, with a thorough understanding of what makes good or bad UX/UI
- Fantastic written and verbal skills
- Results-orientated and good with self-direction
- A lot of job specs say ‘detail oriented’, but we really mean it — really detail oriented!
- Passionate about solving customer problems and turning ideas into actions
- Previous experience in a similar role within a B2B SaaS environment
Superstar Skills (non essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Technical skills (coding as a hobby, side project or otherwise)
- Design skills
What’s on offer:
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £45,000 – £60,000 for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options. A barista style coffee machine stocked with locally roasted beans, and any tea you would like.
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
We’re still small, and all our new team members are given the chance to own their own slice of the company through our share options scheme.
Work from our fantastic office in Brixton, London. We have a bright, open plan office with a small kitchen area - plus use of a larger shared kitchen in the building.
You choose how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days a year). If you need to take some more, you can.
We pay well to make sure you’re not worrying about making a living while working at Akkroo. We also are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow.
Socials & monthly lunches
We do quarterly socials together, as well as a monthly team lunch we all get together and go out for something to eat (and it costs you nothing).
Free fruit, coffee & breakfast
We keep a barista-style coffee machine in the office, provide as much tea as you can muster, and keep the kitchen well-stocked with free cereal, toast, milk and fruit.
Great work tools
We supply our team with the best hardware so they can focus on the tasks at hand. You’ll get your own Macbook Pro, plus any extras you’ll need to make your work life easier, such as extra screens, external keyboards, magic mouse… maybe even your own notebook and pen.
Everyone is given a Perkbox membership, which gives high street discounts on health and fitness, shopping, restaurants, travel, cinema, and other great out-of-office activities.
We provide all team members with a quarterly book-buying budget, as well as plenty of opportunities to attend relevant conferences, meet-ups and events that will help you continually get better at what you do.
We’d love to hear from you. Please click the button below to complete the application form.
Strictly no agencies.
Want to be notified of new roles?
Whether you're after a placement, internship or full time role, we'll send you an email when we post new career openings to join the team.Get Akkroo job updates by email