Welcome to Akkroo! We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
We use your data to provide the Akkroo service to you, to promote the service, and for the purposes of running our business.
We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things.
Generally, we do not otherwise give your information for anyone else to use for their own purposes, but we use a number of external service providers to power our operations – some of these are outside Europe.
We are happy to answer your questions about any of this – email us at email@example.com.
This policy is for customers and users of the Akkroo service. If you are someone who has given their contact details to one of our customers using the Akkroo service, please see the Use by our Customers section below.
Who we are
Akkroo Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect from you
We collect the following personal information when you provide it to us.
- Prospect Data: When you register for a demo, contact us to request more information on the Akkroo service, download one of our guides or reach out to us, we collect your name, contact details and the company you work for.
- Account Data: Details of your usage of the Akkroo website including the reporting and analysis dashboard.
- App Data: Details of your usage of the Akkroo mobile app, including details of the company you work for, your username and password, and data relating to your activity in the app, such as which events you used the app at, how many leads you collected, etc.
- Log Data: Technical data from the device on which you install the Akkroo app, being the device type and operating system version.
- Marketing and Communication Preferences: Your preferences as to whether we contact you with promotional information about Akkroo. We use this to make sure we don’t send you anything you have asked not to receive.
- Communications: We will record the fact that you have contacted us (or we have contacted you) and may retain the content of the communication, together with your contact details and our responses.
Information collected from other sources
We may obtain some basic user account data about you from the business you work for: company location, office address, company name, your email, job title, first and last name, phone number, mobile phone number, salutation, and any LinkedIn, Twitter or other relevant social media information which might help us improve our services to you.
How we use your Information
This section tells you what uses we make of your information.
We use your information in the following ways:
To allow us to operate the Akkroo service, and the business operations we engage in to that end, including facilitating your use of the Akkroo dashboard and mobile app, and supporting any operational or technical queries you may raise. We process this information to perform a contract with you or on the basis of legitimate interest.
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, and user relationships and experiences. We process this information on the basis of legitimate interest.
To administer and protect our business. We process this information on the basis of legitimate interest.
To deliver relevant website, blog and webinar content and promotional emails we send to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of them. We process this information on the basis of legitimate interest and where applicable, your consent.
We use your Marketing and Communication Preferences to make sure we don’t send you anything you have asked not to receive. We process this information on the basis of your consent.
We will also use your information in the event that we need to enforce our terms of service, or to help us defend any legal claims against us. We process this information on the basis of legitimate interest.
- We may also need to process your data for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- If you give us your consent, we may publish your feedback about Akkroo on our website or marketing material.
The Legal Basis on which we Process Your Information
The GDPR requires all organisations that process personal data to have a “Lawful Basis” for doing so. The Lawful Bases on which we process your personal data are as follows:
Legitimate Interest: means the legitimate interest of us, and our customers, in our conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure Akkroo experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance of Contract: means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and you or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Legal Obligation: means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Consent: your affirmative consent to particular instances of our processing personal data.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by web sites to enhance the visitor experience and make it more efficient.
Akkroo.com does use some non-essential cookies. We use this to gain useful knowledge about how the site is used so that we can keep improving it for our users. Without the knowledge we gain from the systems that use these cookies we would not be able to provide the service we do.
Cookies we use
We use a variety of our own and third party services on this marketing website that set cookies (within the Akkroo dashboard these cookie rules are not applicable, and the cookies set there are essential to the use of the product). These change from time to time, but the key ones are:
- Google Analytics - a broad statistical tool that allows us to check the volume of traffic, and non-personally identifiable information about our visitors, such as average length visit across all visitors.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. You can access them through some types of browser. Search in your cookie folders for 'Akkroo.com' to find our cookie and the Google Analytics cookie if you wish to delete them.
More information about cookies, including how to block them on all sites or delete them, can be found at AllAboutCookies.org.
What happens if I say 'no' to allowing Cookies in my browser?
Will the site still work?
Some parts of the website will still work and you will be able to get the information you need from the site, however some aspects may not work as expected.
For example if we begin to tailor the content to your interests as expressed by your browsing behaviour this depend on cookies. If you have declined cookies then this kind of service will not be available to you.
What is the impact for Akkroo.com?
If you decline cookies then we will not be able to count your site usage in the statistics that we gather about use of the site.
If you decline cookies then your site usage won't be counted and measured in this way so we won't be able to take your actions into account when analysing data and seeking to improve our service based on that analysis.
Who we share your personal information with
The Akkroo service allows for integration with a range of third party CRM and other service providers. They’re referred to as “Integrated Services” in this section. In order to have Akkroo work with Integrated Services, you may need to log in to your account with the Integrated Service. We store your authentication credentials for the Integrated Service solely to enable your use of the Integrated Service. The Integrated Service providers are not our data processors – they’re appointed by you or your organisation to process data on your behalf. We cannot therefore make any promises about how they will use your data. For more information on the privacy and data protection practices of the providers of Integrated Services, please view their respective privacy policies.
We share your personal information with a range of third party service providers who help us provide, analyse and promote the Akkroo service. Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area — for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see Transfer of your information out of the EEA.
We use the following service providers to help us process your personal information:
- Our hosting partner, Amazon Web Services.
- Hubspot, our CRM system for recording prospect information and managing our sales and marketing process.
- Zendesk for support services.
- Stripe for payments. Akkroo does not store any customer credit card details and instead accepts payments via Stripe.
- Keen.io as data store for analytics.
- Gmail for email communications.
- Akita, our Customer Success platform for managing the health of our customer accounts.
- FreeAgent, the software we use for invoicing our customers.
- Intercom, for communications.
- Slack, for communications.
- Trello, for processing customer feedback for product development.
- Drift, for our live chat.
- Facebook Ads for advertising and marketing.
- Twitter Ads for advertising and marketing.
- LinkedIn Ads for advertising and marketing.
- Google AdWords for advertising and marketing.
- Additionally, we may disclose your data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data.
- We may share your information with other companies in the Akkroo group of companies, to provide the Akkroo service and for internal administration purposes, as well as with a small pool of trusted professional advisors in order to obtain advice, our advisors are all bound by professional codes of conduct as well as obligations of confidentiality.
- We may also share personal data where we consider it is required as follows:
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or any judicial order
- to enforce our contractual rights under our terms of service or otherwise
- to protect the security, rights, privacy, safety and property of Akkroo, of you, or of others.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
- We retain Prospect Data for as long as we are in contact with the prospective customer and for 13 months thereafter. We found that as our service is quite new to a lot of companies, they do come back to us after long periods of time of no contact in order to sign up for the service, and we will retain some of the data in our CRM, so that we can pick up those conversations quickly, unless you tell us you don’t want us to contact you anymore.
- We retain some of the Account Data we hold as a controller (such as customer employee names, contact details, job title) for the duration of our provision of the services to the customer and in our internal systems for up to 24 months, to allow for providing the service to returning customers. Where a departing customer requests that this data is deleted sooner, we would of course accommodate such requests.
- We retain App Data for the duration of our provision of the services to the customer and in our internal systems for up to 90 days, to allow for back up recovery in accordance with our procedure here: https://akkroo.com/security#life.
- We retain Log Data for as long as we provide services to you and 90 days after.
- We may retain information on your Marketing and Communication Preferences for a reasonable period after you expressed interest in our services in order to send you updates, let you know about the new features you might be interested in, etc. Once in a while we may contact you to make sure that you are still interested in being subscribed to these communications. We will hold your information until you tell us you no longer wish to receive any communications from us.
Profiling and Automated Decision-Making
Akkroo does not engage in any profiling or automated decision-making in respects of its users or individuals whose data it processes.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to third party service providers, which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We do this to help us provide and promote the Akkroo service and to help us engage with our customers and prospective customers.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that those countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
- Keen.io – analytics (US: Privacy Shield)
- Zendesk – support (EEA and US: Privacy Shield and Binding Corporate Rules)
- Trello - processing customer feedback for product development (US: Privacy Shield)
- Intercom – communications (US, EEA and globally: Privacy Shield)
- Stripe – payments (US and globally: Privacy Shield and intra-group data transfer agreements)
- Slack – communications (US and third countries: Privacy Shield and Model Contractual Clauses)
- Gmail - email communications (US: Privacy Shield and Model Contractual Clauses)
- Facebook Ads – advertising (US: Privacy Shield)
- LinkedIn Ads – advertising (US: Model Contractual Clauses)
- Twitter Ads – advertising (US, Ireland, globally: Privacy Shield and Model Contractual Clauses)
- Google AdWords (US: Privacy Shield and Model Contractual Clauses)
For more information on the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
For the list of companies currently certified under the Privacy Shield, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant_search.
For more information on the Binding Corporate Rules, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/binding-corporate-rules_en.
For more information on the Model Contractual Clauses, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
Use by our Customers
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at email@example.com,
- let us have enough information to identify you, and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any promotional material we send you, you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Data of children
Our website and services are not intended to target any persons under 16, and we do not knowingly collect data of children under 16.
If you think we have collected or are processing information about a person under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate and delete this data.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 11th January 2019.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Unit 3.01 Piano House Brighton Terrace, London, United Kingdom, SW9 8DJ.