In 2017 alone, businesses across the globe spent $512BN on events.
Exhibiting at trade shows and exhibitions contributes to a huge proportion of this spend, and the number one reason for organisations taking part is to generate new business leads.
Yet the methods used to achieve this are fundamentally flawed.
Organisations are still using paper forms, gathering business cards or scanning badges using antiquated, rented devices and third-party apps.
These methods are stuck in the dark ages and result in:
- Leads simply never being followed up
- Long delays in following up
- Huge disconnect with existing Marketing and CRM systems
- Lack of accountability and transparency
- Businesses unable to measure and maximise event ROI
- Missed opportunities
- Lost revenue
Lead capture at events is a broken process. And we’re here to fix it.
Our mission is to bring Event Lead Capture into the modern era and truly connect an organisation’s events with their sales and marketing.
We are challenging and disrupting the status quo in the events industry, putting the power back in the hands of the paying exhibitors.
Akkroo is at the forefront of this new, emerging software category, building a market leading solution for businesses where exhibiting at events plays a major strategic role.
Building a product is not our only focus however. We are also wholly committed to building a sustainable organisation that retains and develops a world class diverse team and culture.
Akkroo’s origins are in our personal experience of the visceral pains of event lead capture at trade shows and events. Since 2013, we’ve been building a world class team to solve the toughest problems in Event Lead Capture from our headquarters in London, UK.
- 2010 – Founder Chris is responsible for collecting and transcribing the details of 30,000 students at events across the UK, and spends days sifting through atrocious handwriting and poorly organised paper forms.
- 2011 – The founding team collaborates on offline data capture software initially for student recruitment events, that would later become Akkroo
- 2013 – Akkroo founded as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business with a broad B2B and B2C mobile data capture offering.
- 2015 – Narrowing of focus to concentrate on solving the B2B Event Lead Capture challenges. Team grows to 10 people.
- 2017 – Moved to dedicated offices in vibrant Brixton, South London and doubled our headcount to 30 people, including our first overseas Akkroo-mates.
Who we work with
Our fantastic team is headquartered in the heart of vibrant London, however we have team mates spread across the globe. Akkroo is led by our two experienced founders, Chris Wickson and Andy Higgs.
We’re a fast-growing, smart, fun technology business with a great product solving a fantastic problem and we’re looking for talented, motivated, business-minded people to join our team across the world.
If you think you’d fit in here, talk to us or see our list of vacancies.
Akkroo Limited is a company limited by shares, number 8279964, registered in England & Wales. Our VAT number is GB 166 919 956.
We have a great view across central London from our headquarters in the heart of Brixton, South London. You can find us there at Piano House, 9 Brighton Terrace, London SW9 8DJ, United Kingdom.